If you’re cooking for friends or family and want to make your veggies a little bit special, this dish is deceptively simple and it looks amazing on the table. Great for Sunday dinners and celebrations. The trick is to choose vegetables in lots of different colours, cut them into different shapes and either mix them all up or organise them in rows – whatever takes your fancy. This is one you can prepare in advance – just cover with cling film and pop in the fridge until you’re ready to cook.
- Red onions
- Red and yellow peppers
- Cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves garlic – unpeeled
- 1-2 cloves garlic – crushed
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Chop red onion into segments, slice peppers into thin strips and slice courgettes, leave tomatoes and unpeeled garlic cloves whole and place the whole lot in a roasting tray
- Drizzle oil and balsamic vinegar over the vegetables, crush the garlic over the top and add a sprinkle of black pepper.
- Toss it all together with your hands and put in the oven for 25 minutes.