This is so quick and easy to make but tastes rather special and is great fast food for lunch or supper on warm summer evenings.
The chewy texture of the halloumi cheese works well with the broad beans whilst the spring onions and salad dressing add some zing!
As usual, mix and match ingredients to suit your taste.
- 1 pack halloumi cheese (use halloumi light if you can get it)
- 1 tin broad beans
- 3 spring onions finely chopped
- Salad leaves
- Sun dried tomatoes
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Soy sauce
- Lemon juice
- Heat up the grill
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing – add dashes of lemon juice and soy sauce until it is to your taste. Try using chilli flavoured olive oil or pepper sauce to add more zing!
- Add the beans to the dressing and leave to marinade.
- Thickly slice the halloumi cheese, baste with olive oil and heat under the grill until golden brown
- Whilst the halloumi is cooking, mix the salad leaves and pile on the plates, dotting around spring onions and sundried tomatoes
- Drain the beans, reserving the liquid to use as the salad dressing, and add the beans to the rest of the salad
- Top the plate with the golden halloumi cheese and pour the salad dressing over the top.